Tavcor Volkswagen’s annual design competition is here again and in 2019 it’s all about the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace.
And the theme?
Cue Star Wars theme song.
This is a competition for the kids. I don’t have any, but you might and if they are lil’ Picassos in the making, push those paint, pencils and brushes their way and listen up.
Tavcor Volkswagen invites primary and high school students in Nelson Mandela Bay to tap into their creative sides and design space-themed artwork to be wrapped on two Tiguan Allspace vehicles.
A total of R18 000 in cash prizes can be won by the learners and the schools. All prizes won are shared equally between the student and the school.
This is the third year that Tavcor Volkswagen is hosting a competition like this, in 2017 and 2018 it was to design a kombi, and Martin Taverner, the General Manager of New Car Sales at Tavcor Volkswagen said, “We have decided to challenge learners to draw inspiration from outer space when creating their designs. We look forward to seeing the creative talent of the learners in Nelson Mandela Bay.”
So moms, dads, grannies, aunties, uncles and older siblings, if you have a creative in your family oozing with artistic talent, bring this competition to their attention. It was indeed Pablo Picasso who said, “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”
Let’s continue to stimulate the creativity of our future artists in Nelson Mandela Bay; click here for more details and to download the entry form.
The Tavcor Volkswagen Design-An-Allspace Competition Details:
- This competition is for Primary School and High School learners only in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro area.
- Entries open from 1 May 2019 to 20 September 2019 (closes at 17:00).
- Entries can be downloaded from the Tavcor VW website (click here), or collected at the dealership (Tavcor Volkswagen, corner of William Moffett & Mimosa Road).
- Entries must be submitted at Tavcor Volkswagen (corner of William Moffett & Mimosa Road), opening hours 7:45 to 17:15.
- All entries should be hand-drawn, A3 in size and only originals will be accepted.
- The top 40 will be selected early October, their artwork will be displayed at the dealership in October; the public will vote for their favourite, there will be a final judging process and the winners of each category will be announced at the end of October at the awards function to be held at the Tavcor Volkswagen dealership where the wrapped vehicles will reveal the winners’ designs.
Disclaimer: Photos supplied. This post was done in collaboration with Tavcor Volkswagen.